Athens, Greece for the Greek Islands • for Leisure • for
Oftentimes, visitors to Greece use Athens hotels as a rest stop for
travel to the Cyclades Islands, Ionian Islands, The Dodecanese Islands, The Aegean Islands and, of course, the Saronic Islands. Coral Hotel
Athens is located
15 minutes from the Port of Piraeus which is the departure point for the Saronic and all Greek islands if one chooses to travel by boat.
On the stopover in Athens, travelers will visit the main tourist sites such as The Acropolis and Plaka. There is more to Athens, however, such as the Athens National Garden, the temple of Olympian Zeus, a national forest and casino on Mount Parnis as well as hiking and the Kleiston Monastery, theater, movies, shopping, golf and some of the best beaches and hotels the Mediterranean has to offer. And don't forget the unparalleled Athens nightlife! All to be seen and experienced right here in Athens. It is after understanding this that visitors realize that there are plenty of things to do in Athens to keep one's attention and excitement piqued for several days.
The Athens Tram Connects Athens with Paleo Faliro
The recent development of the Faliron coastal zone has brought significant changes to the area including the Athens Tram. The Tram line connects the center of Athens, by the temple of Olympian Zeus, with Paleo Faliro. From here with frequent stops, it branches out along Possidonos Avenue to Alimos, Helliniko and Glyfada on one end and to the Faliriko Delta, Neo Faliro and the Peace & Friendship Stadium (SEF) on the other end. In the Falirikon Delta a long footbridge connects Sygrou Avenue with the Esplanade and the Water Plaza.
Athens National Garden
In the vicinity of Syntagma square and behind the Unknown Soldier monument on Amalias Avenue, lies Athens National Garden, a magnificent 15, 5 hectares of green retreat. The Garden is public and is open daily. Here one can stroll in the shade through ancient finds, tambours, Corinthian column capitals and mosaics.
Just outside the city limits, the Athens beaches of the southern suburbs extend from Alimos to Vouliagmeni. Although a fee is required to use most of these beach facilities, beach chairs, umbrellas, snack stands and lockers are provided. A select few beaches, such as Glyfada Beach, offer water sports such as windsurfing and water-skiing.
Athens Beaches close to the Coral Hotel:
Athens Golf Courses
- Edem Beach, 5 minute walking distance from the Coral Hotel.
- Alimos Beach, 10 minute walking distance.
- Voula Beach, 15 minute driving distance.
- Asteras Vouliagmeni Beach, a 20 minute drive from the Coral Hotel.
- Vouliagmeni Lake (mineral and therapeutic water, functioning as a year-round spa), also a 20 minute drive from the Coral Hotel.
One 18-hole golf course is located in Glyfada, about 6 km. or 3 1/2 miles from the Coral Hotel.
Other Athens Attractions
Athens is much more than a visit to The Acropolis, a jaunt to the beach or a day trip to the Saronic Islands. Athens offers a rich array of natural, cultural and historical attractions.
A combination national forest and gambling casino is located 30 km. north of Coral Hotel, in Mount Parnis. By car, the way to the casino at the summit is through a scenic, winding road. Visitors can also access the top by cable car at the base of the mountain. A hiking trail starts at the base of the cable car and leads to the Kleiston Monastery, a late Byzantine convent, built on the spectacular Goura ravine.
One-day cruises sail to the nearby Saronicos islands of Aegina, Poros and Hydra. In Hydra there is plenty of time for a leisurely stroll through the town, swimming or shopping. Tour companies pick guests up at Coral Hotel and transfer them back. The front desk can make arrangements for this even on short notice.
Take a daily trip to Delphi on a guided tour. Visit the Archaeological Museum of Delphi, the Temple of Apollo, the Theater and the Stadium. This powerful site is second only to the Acropolis of Athens.
Most ferries serving the Cyclades (Paros, Naxos, Andros, Siros, Tinos, Mykonos, Ios, Santorini, Sifnos, Serifos, Folegandros, Amorgos, and Milos) leave from the port of Piraeus,
9 km. or 5 1/2 miles from Coral Hotel. The most visited islands of the Cyclades are Paros, Naxos, Santorini and Mykonos and offer the best transportation links via HighSpeed, Catamaran and
conventional ferry service. Any of our Front desk associates will reconfirm your departure or your ship’s port / gate and can assist you in making plans while in Athens. Availability may be limited on weekends during July and August.
Reserve Online - reserving online
- Shopping, banking
- Walking / jogging along the coast.
- Fine Dining around the hotel in the newly developed Flisvos Marina. Cuisine varies from Mediterranean to Italian to light fare, in BRASSERIE SUD, COQUILLAGE, MARE MARINA, ZINC, (20'’ walking distance
or 10' by tram). Casual Dining can be enjoyed in seafood tavernas, Thalami and Bouillabaisse, both about a 5 minute drive from Coral Hotel.
- Strolling in the recently renovated Flisvos Marina Park with its numerous coffee shops and bars. Flisvos Marina Park is part of a recent large scale port and land renovation project. On the port side, it is now an attractive international marina that offers convenient mooring amenities for yacht and large luxury vessel owners. On the land side, 34 stores and business offices have been constructed, a watch tower, 600 trees planted, and 3,500 sq meters of lawn.
- Village 9 Cinemas @ Faliro, walking distance or tram access from Coral Hotel.
- Sightseeing: The Coral Hotel is a short walk to a promenade by water’s edge which leads to a park by the sea. It is here one can visit the historic battleship museum G. Averof.
- Evgenidio Foundation Planetarium and museum, just a 5 minute drive from Coral Hotel.
If you have any questions about our room rates, special holiday packages, wedding or business meeting packages, email us
or call us at [+30] 210-9816441.